This morning I recorded a “spooky storytime” for my library to post to our website. We’re offering some live programs and some recorded ones, because as all caregivers (and program planners) have figured out by now, you can’t always get kids to show up at a certain time, even if it doesn’t involve leaving the house.
It wasn’t quite the real thing, but I pretended some of my usual “Step Into Storytime” kiddos were there and brought my best storytime energy.
- Welcome to Spooky Storytime!
- “Here is my Pumpkin, Round and Fat” (to the tune of “I’m A Little Teapot”) from KCLS
- Skulls! by Blair Thornburgh and Scott Campbell, published by Atheneum (Simon & Schuster)
- “Pumpkins on the Ground” (to the tune of “Twinkle Twinkle”) from KCLS
- The Halloween Tree by Susan Montanari and Teresa Martinez, published by Sourcebooks
- Goodbye friends, have a spooky day/evening!
And here are a few other “spooky” books (some mention Halloween, some don’t):
- Creepy Carrots by Aaron Reynolds
- I Love My Fangs by Kelly Leigh Miller
- Monster Needs A Costume by Paul Czajak
- Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson
- Stumpkin by Lucy Ruth Cummins
- The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything by Linda Williams
- I Want to Be in a Scary Story by Sean Taylor
What are your favorite picture books to read this time of year?